Jabchor is an initiative to partner with innovative entrepreneurs and grow with them into a successful venture, based on trust and confidence supported by legally executed business partnership deed, recognized by laws of Bhutan. The Jabchor ventures will help investors enter into a financial partnership with a trustworthy entrepreneur, who will function within a legally defined relation to help investors earn dividends, both in cash and goodwill.
On the first Season of the Jabchor platform, the following five entrepreneurs pitched their business ideas:
- Jigme Tenzin, founder of bt -A private business focused on real estate and house maintenance services based at Thimphu
- Investor: Yarkay Group Pvt. Ltd
- Equity funding: Nu 2 million for 20% equity ownership
- Sangay Choezom, founder of Chechey Sanitary pads -A private business located at Thimphu
- Investor: Rigsar Construction
- Equity Funding of Nu. 3.5 Million at 49% equity ownership
- Sangay Goenpo, founder of Green Path – A private waste management business located at Trashigang
- Investor: CSI Fund: Nu. 1 Million
- Dhan Kumar, founder of Eco- Waste Solution -A private waste management business located at Wangdiphodrang
- Investor: PHPA Nu. 3 Million, DHI Acceleration Fund Nu. 0.5 Million
- Nima Moktan, founder of Freelance Bhutan
- Loden Foundation: Nu. 0.6 Million
Season 2 Jabchor
The Season 2 Jabchor was conducted on 17th July 2019 during the 2nd biennial summit of the Bhutan Economic Forum for Innovative Transformation (BEFIT). After a series of careful screening and interview, it brought business opportunities for 5 entrepreneurs, each one of them from different industry with very lucrative offer and a big market appeal that goes beyond the boundaries of the country.